Friday, September 24, 2010

Mr Nick

Tom Waits as Mr Nick from Terry Gilliam's the Imaginarium of Doctor Parnassus

now for some work in progress screen caps, simple enough blocky break down so I know where I would go. I'm working from muted muddy tones. So that I can establish the tones before I add colors. It's a way to organize things better.

now some simple colors added. And just blending them into the mudded tones. You can see it better in the BG, The face is pretty much layed out

again, you can see on the face, higher saturated colors are placed on there. Then it's all about blending them into the dull tones

the best thing about painting, is if you make a mistake, you can paint over it. I messed up the alignment of the eyes, nose and lips. Just shifted them up and painted over them

almost done, but now better definition of the background. Backgrounds aren't center of attention, so I wanted to establish shapes and spotlights with heat and warmth.

2 comments:

Deadly Sweet said...

! I had no idea you had a blog too!
I love seeing you process on this amazing painting of yours!

crithon said...

lol yeah I don't really promote them, but I usually post my art process on blogs then I do on DA.
Because I do a lot of screen grabs as I'm working.
I'll add you onto my fallows also.