Sunday, May 27, 2012

vanessa lake




pin up of the model Vanessa Lake
some nice close ups which you can't see in this re sized version
I work immediately on this digitally and here are a few step by step of my art process
a rough break downs. Not anatomically correct, had to extend out the torso. I noticed this as I worked on the arms.
simplified color layout. There's a line overlay, a bit stylized then how I enjoy it.

a texture was added temporary. Not sure if I enjoyed it, the shading on the skin was smoothed out


more attention to hair and tattoos came in . The tattoos were on a layer above, just to not mess up the skin.


more attention to the hair, eyes needed a drastic improvement, wanted that sleepy seductive look . Really took a long time to achieve that
 a texture was added in the background, opacity was turned down to 16% and layer was set to light dodge.

A very difficult piece to work on. I enjoyed working on the hair and the tattoos the most. I learned a lot through this and felt it will improve my art process.

No comments: